What Are Time and Attendance Systems?
- Time and attendance systems allow employees to clock in and out electronically via time clocks, internet-connected computers, mobile devices, and telephones.
- The data is instantly transferred into software that can seamlessly import it into your payroll solution.
- These systems do more than just track when employees come and go. They also:
- Monitor mobile employees via geolocation and geofencing
- Give real-time data on who is working, who is not, who showed up late and who is nearing overtime
- Manage paid time off (PTO)
- Create employee schedules
- Provide detailed labor data
- Time and attendance systems offer employee self-service that allows them to handle many time-tracking tasks on their own, including reviewing the hours they’ve worked, current and future schedules, and PTO accruals.
- Many are offered as cloud-based or on-premises solutions. The on-premises systems are stored on servers within your business, while the cloud-based systems are housed by your time and attendance system provider and accessed online.
IDS Technologies offer our own time and attendance software that integrates will most payroll systems.